Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"Good Things Come...

...to those who do the wave"

The Lord is looking out for me, of this I am sure.

I've been job hunting by category. One day I applied to every hotel in Temecula. After that, I tried every department store I could think of. One day, I applied to every hardware store between here and Elsinore. Over the space of a week, I tried every Fast-Food place I could think of. Yesterday, I did the movie theaters. Last night, one of those movie theaters got back to me.
This afternoon, I had my very first interview, ever. This afternoon, I also had the last interview I'll need to have this spring.

Yes! My persistence paid off, and I have been hired by UltraStar movies, the company who just bought the Tower Plaza theater! I start training Friday night, and I'm so excited! I'm so incredibly grateful, because I know people have been trying to find jobs for months, and my search was a fraction of theirs. I just take this as a sign that the Lord knows that I should have this job, which ultimately means that I need to take advantage of it and be the best employee I can be. That's the game plan anyway. I also have every Friday and Saturday night for the next four months spoken for. Oh well. It'll be worth it!

-Katie

1 comment:

Abenteuererin said...

i'm so happy that you found a job! i hope you make tons of money for school and enjoy working there!!