Sunday, March 6, 2011

All Jammed Up

Listening to: the mismatched ticking of two clocks, but Rhythm of Love is stuck in my head.

Another post from the beautiful city of T-mec, where temperatures can reach eighty degrees in the dead of winter. Life has been going well, lately. So well, in fact, and just well, that lately 'keep on keepin' on' is a phrase that finds it's way into my mind at least once a day. Life at the theater is ever-changing, and it's dynamics are sometimes a little tough to swallow, but I like it. There's never a completely dull day, at least. My managers like me, are trusting me with more responsibilities, and each day I work makes me want to leave it less and less, but I only have thirty-nine days left in T-mec. (No, I'm not counting, I just checked it because I wanted to see how close moving day really is.)

For the record, I'm not ready to move again. I was really hoping to get more of my future plans worked out during my semester off. To top it off, I just learned that I'm technically (credits-wise) going to start my sophomore year this semester. Normally that'd be cool, but BYU-I has a credits cap--if I don't have my degree by a certain point, my enrollment will be terminated. Oh, did you hear that? That sound just over my head? That, my friends, is the whip being cracked, and it just scared the living daylights out of me. On top of all the educational deadlines that need to be met, it's officially time to start getting ready to pack up again. Yes, I did mean 'start getting ready'. It's like planning to make a plan--it's what we crazy people do. It really just involves picking through my things, deciding what I need and what I don't, stocking up on everything, maybe picking out a few new blouses and skirts, things like that.

I'm officially at a loss between my lives. I have a school life, and a home life. Which one is real life?

1 comment:

Abenteuererin said...

neither life is real. when i was working at disney for my semester off, i thought i wanted to transfer down to a socal school so i wouldn't have to quit. leaving was the hardest thing to do. just remember how much you love idaho and how awesome being on your own is! :)