Thursday, March 31, 2011

Better Than I Could Ask

I turned in my Two Weeks' Notice this week. It was pretty weird typing it up, and my general manager hasn't even been in the state to read it, but he already knows I'm leaving, so oh well.
I'm going to miss that job. I really am.
Last night, while I was working in the box office, I nonchalantly included on my facebook status that I was lonely, bored, and desired chocolate.
My friends, of course, went above and beyond the call of duty. Within half an hour of posting that, my lovely BYU best friend talked to one of my friends here in Tmec, which led to him bringing me a gigantic symphony bar 'from Bri'. It was a combined effort. They're both awesome. How many people can say their friends send them chocolate from other timezones?

It didn't end there, though. Maybe half an hour before my shift ended, I see another lovely friend walking up with a grocery bag in hand. Through the ticket window she slides a gallon bag of peanut butter m&ms, a 6 pack of cookies n cream hershey bars, and a bottle of Mountain Dew. (This is my college roommate, so she knows what my grocery trips usually consist of). When my manager comes back in to close my shift, he is astounded by the love of my friends.
"They sent you all this because of your facebook status?"
"Uh huh. I feel so loved."
"You are loved, obviously. It's refreshing to see people care about others that way."
Then followed something about him missing me at work because I'm one of the good workers.
How did I get so lucky? How did I land the most amazing friends in existence? I think, most of all, I'm grateful that I don't have to lose them in two weeks, too. Except for Will...darn. Well, I'll make it work. THANK YOU modern miracle of skype.


vc 2504

No comments: