Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Change

In about nine hours, I'm climbing into the front seat of Clark, who is, at this moment, anxious to be loaded. Mom will be riding shotgun. I'm putting the car in gear and kissing California goodbye. Again. The problem is that I've just barely started appreciating the beauty of where I grew up. The weather is so nice, the people aren't terrible, and I've loved being back with my family. I have some color on my arms now, and was just starting to hope that my legs would follow suit. Let's face it, I'm the kind of girl people walk up to and say, 'You're from California, right? So you go to the beach all the time, don't you. Shouldn't you be, like, really tan?" I then calmly explain that I spent every summer since I was sixteen working indoors, and they change subjects like nothing happened. I always counterbalanced their stares with 'Yeah, well Pale looks better than Skin Cancer!'
Oh well.

As of the beginning of this semester, my major is officially undecided. My parents and I had a long discussion about it yesterday, so I'm more directed than I was, say, the day before that.

I'll say this though: I am really considering staying in Idaho all summer. Frankly, this moving every 14 weeks (and in summer's case, 7) is getting really old. I'll be happy when that aspect of my life is over.
I'm closing this up so I can finish cleaning my room and get some sleep. Look out for my next blog post, coming to you live from Rexburg!

No comments: