Monday, May 23, 2011

In Awe and Wonder

I have about...seven minutes before I need to run to class. I felt I just had to share something:
I love the priesthood.
My roommate Cat was having massive migraine problems yesterday. For me, that sends up massive red flags. She decided to stay home from the first two hours of church, and I agreed to come back for her before Sacrament. (We have an inverted schedule. I don't like it.) The entire two hours I was gone were torture. I could't help but worry about her, and was habitually checking my phone. When I came home to get her, she was so deeply asleep that I couldn't wake her (another red flag when it comes to Cat). So I thought about it, asked the Lord what I should do, and got the feeling that just this once, it was more important that I stay home with Cat. She finally woke up hours later, at which point we both insisted she get a blessing. We haven't met our home teachers yet, so we called our FHE brothers' apartment, and five minutes later we had two young men dressed in Sunday best waiting to give a healing blessing to my beautiful friend. The blessing was very reassuring, and let both me and Cat know how best to proceed (I had been ready to drag her to the ER). Cat said as soon as the young men sealed the blessing, her migraine immediately shifted to a much more tolerable headache.
I am so grateful to live in the kind of place where, even though our fathers aren't around to be our priesthood holders, we have so many young men who are not only able and worthy, but willing to come to our aid.
Sigh. What an amazing Sunday.

No comments: