Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hmm...

Inauguration Day. Yummy.
I have decided to take it upon myself to be as respectful as possible towards the new leader of our country. He won by majority rule, which is the fairest method on Earth today that I can think of, with the exception of the calling of the President of the Church. Actually, I didn't even know today was the inauguration until around 9 o'clock last night, and then I had work this morning so I didn't watch it.
My emotion towards the new President is more curious than anything. I'm not about to go burn effigies along with our friends in the middle east, nor am I going to put his framed picture in my bedroom. I am just curious to see what his plans are, how many of them will actually be carried out and other things. WILL he really bring our country down, or will he surprise the other 48% and raise us up? We'll just have to see. After all, if he does well, no harm done. If he does poorly, hopefully he'll be removed from office quickly enough before major damage is done. But I will admit, I was one of those who have been praying that he is moved by the Hand of God just as our previous successful Presidents have been.
One interesting tidbit that could be related:
When Thomas Jefferson was running for President against John Adams and eventually won, the Government shifted from being dominated by Democratic Republicans to Federalists, and did so in an essentially peaceful manner. It was considered Jefferson's Revolution because the power shifted peacefully, without the threatened civil war and with John Adams' head still on his shoulders. (It was a much debated topic:What happens to Ex-Presidents? A popular choice was to behead them, but luckily some people had more sense and figured they should just disappear peacefully into forgotten-land.)
So, once again, the power has been shifted peacefully, with both President Bush and President Obama still living, as expected.
Now is the time for us to just sit back, relax, and enjoy the show, for no matter what happens, it is sure to be one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're boring.