Wednesday, September 14, 2011

3 Med+1 Psych+1 El-Ed+1 Home Ec

= My New Family.
Not even kidding, the combination is hilarious.
I've lived in my new apartment for seven days now, and man am I in love! My roommates are all amazing, and we've spent more than half of our nights together up way too late talking about the most random things. Plus, we have one pre-nurse, one pre-medical assistant, and one pre-paramedic. We're always comparing notes, asking questions, or having weird conversations like:
"Check out this picture in my book!"
"Where are his clothes?!"
"He's wearing socks..."
"Is he pooping?"
"No, he's dead. It's a picture of Dependent Lividity!"

Basically, life is going amazingly.
I have a great apartment family, I live for my EMT and capstone classes, and spend more time with my nose in textbooks than I have in a while. I even got to watch my first mock accident today in EMT lab, when the paramedic students got to drive up in a school ambulance and everything! I'm so excited to get my license! My teacher explained it perfectly. Most people see an accident and feel helpless. People who go into EMS are the ones who hate that feeling enough to do something about it. And I'm definitely doing something about it.

Anyway, it's late, and I'm waking up early to study tomorrow (plus my roommate is asleep. I'll write more later!

Love always,
KT

No comments: