Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Midterm Report!

So I thought I'd go over things I've learned so far, since midterms have just passed. These things range from the simple to the complex, that's for sure.
1. The right ventricle pumps to the lungs.
2. Everyone gets oxygen.
3. The fire alarm in my apartment is super sensitive.
4. Life is going to throw really tough decisions my way later on. I need to decide how I'll handle them now.
5. Sometimes, running to California on Friday and back on Sunday is totally worth it.
See?











6. Occasionally, every apartment should have a meeting to discuss problems and find solutions.
7. I don't need to be an insomniac. It's kind of fun going to bed before midnight sometimes.
8. The best roommates are the ones who stick with you, even when you're at your worst.
9. Baking my own bread is tastier and cheaper than buying it every week. Plus, it's way fun.
10. Sometimes, fixing a problem hurts worse than the problem itself. Once you get it fixed, you can finally start to heal, and even if there's some pain or scarring left over, it will always be better than before.

Some of these lessons, I've definitely had to learn the hard way. Like when something has been bothering you all week, and when you finally go to the doctor he asks why you weren't in a week ago. Or when you think you're insane and crazy, and you're thinking screw butterflies, there are stampeding elephants in my tummy, but you end up having the best time ever. Or when the fire alarm goes off because of the steam from someone's curling iron, and you think nothing of it, and the firemen come over while you're in the shower.

Regardless, I've learned a lot since September, and am excited to continue learning and growing. Simply put, I love where I am in life right now. I wouldn't change a thing.





1 comment:

Chris said...

I'm jealous that you enjoy baking. I can cook. I can bake. I'm told that I'm quite good. I just don't enjoy it very much and so consequently, the reality that, for example, home-baked bread, is cheaper than store-bought never convinces me, because in the end I'd rather gouge out my eyes than spend the time to bake bread.

I don't look down on you for that. Like I said: I'm jealous.

Love your blog, cutie. Come see your cousins out here again someday!