Friday, April 3, 2009

My Father's Proxy

Reasons like seasons
they constantly change
and the seasons of last year
like reasons have floated away

Hey y'all. So my dad has this new request of me: I am to update all of our right-wing friends and family with whichever fun political videos or rants strike his fancy. Therefore, per daddy, I'll be updating this thing kinda regularly with links to videos on youtube and such. Dad also has me on twitter.com so if you want easier, more automatic updates, you can stalk me there. You can search my name, or my username, musical_kt.
In keeping with my new found task, there are a ton of awesome political videos that can be found HERE (Mike Church is his favorite, next to Glenn Beck)
By the way, please excuse capitalization errors for the time being. I know i love capitalizing random letters for emphasis, but seriously, right now my right shift key has something jammed under it, and I can't break habit long enough to hit the left one. I'd rather get angry at the right one.
In sadder news, this is my last official day of spring Break. My last school day off. So, here are some highlights, in rapid succession for the fun of it:
mondaytuesdaywednesday workworkworkworkwork. BORING! ThursdayFirdaySaturday Orchestra competition we tied for first YAY BOO sunday sick stay home visit Thompsons mondaytuesdaywednesday work work work thursday babysit 2 preteens AHHHH nightmare run away screaming. Today, I am going to sit in my pj's all day long, maybe swim if the pool's warm, and actually have a break while reading As I Lay Dying for English.
I have a new musical love. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned that at some point in my life, whether I be 18 or 81, I want to learn to play the cello. These guys are some of my new inspiration. It's a Metal band from Finland called Apocalyptica. Ok I know what you're thinking, if you've never heard the group play before. Sweet little Katie? A fan of Metal music originating in radical Europe?!? (Haha metal fans haha) Well yes. These four-ish (the number changes a lot) musicians met at a music academy in Helsinki in their cello class. They all decided that while Mozart is awesome, so is Metallica. Their first album is all Metal Covers. Now they're onto playing their own stuff, and among which are my favorites, Romance, and I Don't Care, featuring the lead singer of Three Days Grace. (It's not linked because the music video is mildly scandalous). The way those boys play cello is just incredible!!!!!!
So enjoy if you would like, check out those political videos if you want something to discuss with my dad, and enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Daddy's know best... post the rooster ha ha