Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. Insane family, Good food, and a Thankful spirit, all with plenty to go around.
I love waking up and smelling the Turkey already in the oven.
I love when Grandma and Grandpa get here first and I can show off to Grandma how good I'm getting at piano.
I love when my Aunt and Uncle have their transmission break down in the middle of the lane on the freeway and their AAA card expired last month so Dad and Grandpa are off to go rescue them in a car that won't fit them all anyway while I stay home searching and calling every rental car place between Corona and Temecula and the ONLY ones open today HAPPEN to be at the Ontario Airport. Not good business on the agencies' part.
I love when my insane relatives finally come over and I'm left to care for their ill-behaved children
I love trying to escape everything but the noise of people trying to debate politics (even after the election) and my Uncle being a show off with his medical expertise (most of which I think is a ton of crock.I was surprised he didn't chew me out for not seeing a physical therapist for my finger [because it doesn't bend straight] like he chewed out my dad) is incredibly stressful.
I love getting sick to my stomach right after dinner and sleeping (somewhat) for the next two hours, until just after everyone had left. I DID feel bad that I missed cleanup.
I love sharing a pillow with my dog as Mom, Dad, Sister, and I all crashed on the couch to watch old reruns and Disney movies. (The Incredibles was on tonight. It's amazing)

Thanksgiving is a wonderful time of year. It was really cool getting (excuse the fact that I'm a product of the 21'st century) over two dozen texts from friends and family wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving, and THEN going through my contact list and sending well wishes back! Black Friday is tomorrow. It's ALMOST tempting to peruse around some stores and see what they have to offer. I have MOST of my stuff bought already, but there are a few people still present-less on my list. But come ON people! There are already some insane shoppers lining up outside of department stores. WHAT is so important that it requires getting good workers out of bed early, just so you can start your shopping at FOUR THIRTY IN THE MORNING?!?!?!? sorry...
Anywho, I hope everyone had and excellent Thanksgiving. I'll say this much: mom made cooked and excellent Turkey, made perfect because she BRINED it overnight! Delicious! And there were about 7 pies, plus one that never settled, none of which were eaten, and four of which, only one family in attendance actually ate! (We're not a big pumpkin family)
One of the ladies at work said the cutest thing yesterday, and I just had to share it. It won't sound nearly as cute because you don't know Michelle and a computer can't pull off her voice, but it was a quote from Winnie the Pooh:
"I wasn't going to EATs it Rabbit! I was only going to TASTE it!"
Gotta love it.
Oh well. That was my insane Thanksgiving. Now, Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like my thanksgiving cause we each have the same crazy relatives!

J+S said...

We missed you guys at Thanksgiving this year. Sounds like it was...interesting.