Sunday, December 7, 2008

Me...whining

I've been pretty busy lately, with homework and holiday preparations and festivities. A lot of homework has been thrown around, with a dozen page essay due this week, a model of a cochlea that I'm *praying* will get done, anatomy tests, a lot of history that needs to be studied, and some gigantic ASL finals that I'm not TOO scared of...but I definitely want to do well. I also had a piano recital and then an orchestra concert last Thursday. If I can get a recording from my teacher, I'll post it; she recorded my entire recital performance.
Hmm...the essay is for my English class...the one that I'm only passing with a decent grade because I can spin off some awesome smaller essays off the top of my head. Anyway, this essay is supposed to be basically 5 or 6 essays all bunched into one nice one. I'm writing mine on Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury.
As for anatomy...I believe the Cochlea may be one of the hardest things to build. Ever. Like harder than that bunny rabbit I made out of a milk carton in 2nd grade, and even harder than the mouse trap powered car I made in 8th grade. One of the hardest parts though, I have to admit, is working in a group. I've worked in too many groups where I either end up getting left out or doing all the work, so when a teacher mentions "group project"...I cower in fear. And I didn't know we COULD work on this one alone...which apparently we could. So after pretty much planning, organizing and building most of the project, I did my least favorite thing: I drove it to one of my partners houses...and left it there for her to work on. I wouldn't have done it if I had time to work on it tomorrow, but I don't. It will have to be a lesson for me in learning to trust people I guess.(Because in general, I don't. Sad but true.) The Ear is also one of the hardest parts of the Human Body to study and learn about as well. It's one of those organs where a tube can be fully connected and has one fluid running throughout it, but the fluid on one end has one name, and at the other end has another name. I'm getting SO confused with all the scala vestibuli's and scala timpani's and timpanic membranes and EVERYTHING!! Because the eardrum is NOT the eardrum anymore. Nor is the ear the ear. It's the pinna, or the external auditory something or other... get my point?
History...I'm studying it...I guess just not the right things...which is why I keep failing tests supposedly. I'm working on it though.
Sign Language: I have to learn and memorize 2 minutes worth of signing on my favorite movie, which is Pride and Prejudice. Then my teacher will sign phrases and words, and I have to translate it on paper. Should be easy enough, but I get such shaky hands when I'm nervous, and my teacher commented on it once. It's not good to have shaky hands when you are using them to speak.
Today was an undoubtedly different Sunday for me, because for the better part of the day, I was on my own. I woke up and no one was home, so I drove to practice for one of the 3 singing performances I have this month, got all nice and ready, and ALMOST ended up sitting by myself all through sacrament meeting. But luckily, I arranged to sit with Bri, so it was ok, But it still felt weird being at church alone.

I posted a link to one of my favorite sheet music downloading place, here, so check it out if you want. I just downloaded Come Sail Away, performed by Styx, for my mom. It's fun to play, not too hard. But now I should probably go study...or sleep. Whichever comes first. Or dominates over the other.

No comments: