Tuesday, December 23, 2008

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!

Christmas day is on it's way the signs are everywhere!
Up and down across the town the Christmas spirit is there!
Joyful sounds and sights abound, the streets are filled with love!
All in celebration of a child sent from above!
(I believe the song is called 'Christmas Day is on it's Way', but I'm not sure. I sang it with my stake Youth Creche Choir)

Christmas Eve is in...about... an hour and a half. It's EPIC!!!! I am SO bummed that it's almost over! I feel like I haven't even fully grasped that's it's Christmas!
Oh well, I have a day or two left.

So I have to give a talk in church on Sunday... even though I just gave one two months ago. (They're trying to catch up, I think, since they didn't ask me to speak in church for a good 2 1/2 years between the time I was 13 and the she spring of my 15th year ) I almost want to take it as a bad omen though. My very first talk ever was on the Sunday after Christmas, and it didn't go well. At all. My friends still get a kick out of my mess-ups, four years later. But it's all good, I'm actually kind of excited! I'm talking on 'The Healing Power of Forgiveness', a talk given by Pres. Faust in the Spring '07 conference, and it will be my 3rd talk this year.

Also, we had a work party today, which was incredibly small, since the Doctor only keeps a staff of 8 people. But we had an Italian potluck and Secret Santa. For my Contribution, I brought Jared's special Pizza, and came incredibly close to cutting off the tip of my finger in the process. I even have the slice in my fingernail to prove it. Then I gave my closest friend in the office a copy of 'One Bright Shining Hope'(I think) and received a copy of Fever Pitch from one of the other really nice women. Then the dear Dentist said some really nice words about each of his staff members, and it was incredible for a few reasons: 1st, he said something nice about EVERYONE! 2nd, he said that, even though he doesn't show it, he cares about each of us, thinks about us individually occasionally, and appreciates our efforts, and 3rd was the simple fact that HE WAS SPEAKING FOR AT LEAST 5 WHOLE MINUTES STRAIGHT!!!!!! I was astonished! He is normally such a quiet, but gruff man. It gave me warm Christmas fuzzies inside.

I'm also officially registered for my spring college course, ASL II, and am SO excited for class to start. I'm taking through the same teacher that I had ASL I with, which will make the transition from class to class feel like practically nothing. I ALSO found out that I only missed a total of 6 points on my hundred point ASL I final!! I know at least two of those points are because I was late and missed the first phrase my teacher signed. I ended up passing the class with a 97%. I think that may be the best I've ever done in any class, but then again, it's the only class I've ever taken where I'm learning to speak.

Tomorrow I'm off to see all those crazy people I'm related to, and I just hope I'll be able to feel the Christmas spirit with all the madness.

Merry Christmas everyone, and remember the Reason for the Season!!!!!!

2 comments:

*Shelli* said...

Katie you are such a sweetie with a big heart :) Hope you had a good christmas and can't wait to hear your talk. ~ shelli

J+S said...

So did you feel the Christmas spirit in all of the madness?